Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crunchy Peanut Buttons



I just LOVE Ria's blog, Ria's Collection.
She has a great collection of recipes in her blog which i am sure all are familiar with after all she is our Vanitha Pachakarani 2011 :).
I have also tried her Biscuit Pudding and that's a keeper for sure....yummmmm .. do check it out.
Super simple to make and super duper tasty!!!
Also what I really liked was her prompt replies to my queries. When I first tried these out it was not a smooth ride and she really helped me lot!!!!! Thank you so much for that
These are my first ever home baked cookies ,so they very special :)

I followed Ria's recipe with just some minor adjustments for the benefit of baby S.
Also used lesser quantity as me n cookies do not have such a good history :D ... but I guess that's changing now...
Next time planning to follow Ria's measurements and maybe store half the dough in the fridge and use when required? Not sure, will post if I ever try that.

Adapted from Ria's Collection

Ingredients:

Wheat flour-1/2 C
Butter -1/2 C (make sure it's at room temperature) or enough to bind the ingredients together
Powdered sugar- 1/2 C
Peanuts ( without the skin) -1/2C -- i roasted them in M/W for around 3 minutes before using them
please excuse the poor picture quality - taken from my phone :(
  • Roughly powder the nuts in a mixie.This makes it crunchier, but as I was making them for the baby i powdered them a little finely.
  • Mix all the ingredients together and form 1/2 lime sized balls and flatten lightly with your hands or with a fork.
  • Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 180 degrees for 15 mins.(mine took around 20 mins, will depend on the oven temperatures i guess)
  • They might be soft, but will harden once cooled.
  • Store in airtight tins.
And as she promises these are highly addictive.
Im afraid i will have to bake a fresh batch for my lil one as all the grown up kids(us) are finding it really hard to keep their hands off this :D 
Maybe i will finally find my misplaced camera's connection cable and be able to take decent pictures of them.... Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Ria Mathew said...

Hello Manju,thanks once again for trying these, we simply love them! Glad to see that you have modified the recipe to suit your baby!

Unknown said...

Thanks Ria....wow my first comment :)